Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Knit On The Panel Morning Tea


Hi friends of the growing panel. More pieces have been added this week and more need to be added. Thanks to so many of you for coming on board to create this installation/performance piece. On sunday the 31st of August at 10.00am I've organised a morning tea at Freestyle Tout at shop 50/ 1000 ann st Fortitude Valley Brisbane Aust.
We will lay out the panel and you can come and add to it by knitting on the panel , knit on your own piece and we add it later or embelish it with beads and ribbions etc. This is our artwork. It support the idea that we support eachother and acknowledge the resilience in people, nature and the planet. You will need to bring knitting needles, crochet hooks or sewing needles if you have them. Blue yarn and other colours if you have them. I am doing my best to provide some of these materials at the moment. The idea is we start our piece in blue to remember a blue time in our life or empathise with someone elses. Then we move onto a colour that suits our mood or what we like or hunger for on the day.
Please come if you're interested and or tell a friend to come. We will order coffee etc, chat, laugh and keep our hand busy. Around 12.00 we will have lunch for those who want to stay. Call me on 0412630570 if you are coming and if you are staying for lunch so I can book the numbers for the cafe. See you there wonderful KNITTERS !!!!

1 comment:

Candice Herne said...

I'll be there! I can't knit but I'll create some master piece to add with love!