Tuesday, July 22, 2008

" The Landscape of Resilience"



This panel is an installation/performance art piece which is primarily constructed by knitting in a multitude of yarns and styles. It takes the form of a knitted panel two meters wide by many meters long. It is a representation of the internal and external landscape of resilience. It's a testemony to people's courage to live through adversity and find joy in all of life's possibilities. Many will contrubite to its growth and evolution. People from all communities will participate in the creation of this installation. They will link together in groups knitting on the piece all at once or work alone and add their creative energy later or I will add their piece for them.
There are plans for the panel to be exhibited, be part of a performance video and be documented in a book/journal format.
I am waiting for the outcome of a grant proposal and some other avenues that may allow me to travel with the piece regionally and overseas. In the mean time if you wish to help in in the growth of this testemony to resilience please leave a comment and I will get back to you on how that can be done. I'll post on this site any venues where I will be knitting on the panel and you may want to come and join me.

No comments: